Portal, a game produced and distributed by Valve Corporation, has become one of the most well known games over the past year. At the release of Portal 2, a continuation of Portal’s story, the game saw an extremely high anticipation. Fortunately for PC and Xbox gamers, Valve did not disappoint, in fact they created one of the most popular games of the year, and to be completely honest with you, Portal 2 was the best game I’ve ever played. After beating it once I set off to beat it not only one other time, but two.
Well now the Minecraft Modding community has taken that same idea of using portals to solve puzzles, and applied it to world of Minecraft. iChun, the lead coder on this project has done quite a bit of work on getting the physics working so please give the author their credit and thank them! Ladies and gentlemen I give you the Portal Gun Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2.
Below are a list of updates in the latest version of the Portal Gun Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
Updates for 1.7.3:
- New turret updates! = ex. sizzling sound, adjustable range, turrets drop when it is destroyed by us, new turret named Defective turret!
- Added checkpoint boxes = walk on them to set a new checkpoint.
- Added Aerial Faith Plates = quick mode of transporting your character, don’t forget your knee replacements for falling damage!
- Added Portal spawners = Spawns a portal on them if redstoned powered.
- Added Portal gun pedestal = works like a leg of the portal gun, when holding the portal gun, right click on the Pedestal.
- Added Single Colored Portal guns = you no need time switching them anymore!
Installing the mod is fairly simple. To be honest the process is identical to installing the Planes mod in that you need to install the ModLoader (as well as AudioLoader) before you install the actual Portal Gun Mod.
Below is a breif outline as to what you need and how to go about installing the Portal Gun Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- First download and Modloader which can be found here.
- Install ModLoader by coping the contents of the .rar into your Minecraft.jar file.
- Download AudioLoader which can be found here.
- Install AudioLoader by coping the contents of the .rar into your Minecraft.jar file.
- Download the actual Minecraft Portal Gun Mod via this link.
- Follow the instructions provided in the .zip file and copy the files to their appropriate locations
Personally I recently tried this mod for the first time and I’m absolutely shocked at how elaborate it is. A ton of work, thought, and time must have been put in to get this thing working as well as it does. This is one incredible mod but really nothing can compare to the experience I had in portal. The story is incredible and if you don’t believe me, get yourself a Steam account and try it for yourself. However the new updates to the Portal Gun Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 are very stable and I had a lot of fun with this mod!
Please Donate To Bitcoin Address: [[address]]